Jelitkowo - a seaside part of the city of Gdansk, located on the administrative area of Zabianka-Wejhera-Jelitkowo-Tysiaclecia, with a sea harbor for fishermen (a beach strip) and a summer sea bathing place. The village of the Cistercian Abbey in Oliwa in the Pomeranian Voivodeship in the second half of the 16th century.
Jelitkowo is located on the northern end of Gdansk on the Gdansk Bay, by the Oliwa Stream at the place of its mouth to the Bay. It lies in the mesoregion of the Kaszubskie Coast. From the west it borders with the remaining parts of the estate – Wejhera Estate and Tysiaclecia Estate. From the south it borders with the Grand Przymorze district. The northern border of Jelitkowo is the border of the city, behind it is the Sopot housing estate Karlikowo.
A summer sea bathing resort Gdansk Jelitkowo was organized on the beach, covering 200 m of coastline at the height of the entrance to the beach.
JELITKOWO-seaside part of Gdansk
Undoubtedly, the biggest attraction of Jelitkowo is the beautiful, wide beach with a guarded bathing resort, located in the former resort district of the city, as evidenced by the Spa Park (also known as Jelitkowski) with a central square, where there are many dining options. There is also a swimming resort Gdansk Jelitkowo Klipper.
Ronald Reagan Park with the largest playground in the Tri-City for children - the Land of Play
A group of fishing houses from the 18th / 19th century
Cathedral in Oliwa
The longest church in Poland - 107 m, is at the same time the longest Cistercian church in the world concealing works of sacred art in the Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo and Classicist styles with a high artistic level. The famous great olive organs were designed and built in the years 1763-1788 by Johann Wilhelm Wulff, commissioned by Abbot Jacek Rybinski, have 6,800 pipes, the largest of which is 10 meters high. Today, the great organs of Oliwa are one of the largest organs in Poland.
The first records come from the end of the 16th century. Today's shape is largely due to the park's last Oliwa Abbots. It was on the initiative of Abbot Jacek Rybinski (1740-1782) that the new building of the Opacki Palace was built in 1754-1756, and a few years later a new version of the palace garden was created.
Beautifully located Zoological Garden in Oliwa, where you can admire about 800 representatives of 176 species. About 400,000 visitors visit the ZOO during the year.
The Bicycle Route in the Seaside Belt is a bicycle "you have to be there" in the Tri-City. According to cyclists from the Tri-City and not only this is one of the best cycling routes in Poland in terms of the quality of workmanship, and is the widest bicycle route in Gdansk. He runs from the Harbour of Gdansk to the pier in Sopot, it is about 10 km long. It cuts inter alia Brzeznienski park Haffner, park them. Ronald Reagan and the Jelitkowski Woods.
In the summer season, there are up to 20,000 daily cyclists. The network of bicycle routes in Gdansk has a total of 690,8 km.
The highest elevation in the area – 100,8 m above sea level in the Gdansk district of Oliwa with a viewing platform 15 meters high at the top, from which there is a panoramic view of the whole area and the Gdansk Bay.